EUMEPLAT project encompasses a multi-disciplinary view, with historians, sociologists, cultural studies scholars, economists, media theorists and data scientists called to work together.
At the methodological level, the EUMEPLAT project will guarantee two kinds of advancements, related to data assembling and to statistical tools employed.
In the first case, the main goal is to take together different and inhomogeneous data, and to synthetize them into a consistent pattern.
Secondly, and as a consequence, advanced analysis techniques will be used, among which:
- Multivariate analysis, according to a well-established scientific protocol.
- Discourse analysis by means of AI software and neural networks.
While theoretical background and methodological plan guarantee for the scientific orthodoxy of the research, the project is also awaited to promote advancements in knowledge.
By definition, the final outputs of a research can hardly be foreseen in all details; however, we can isolate the aspects which have a capability of ground-breaking results.
In all research tasks, the project applies the same strategy:
- Dealing with the state of the art
- Putting to the test the most credited hypothesis
- Reaching a more sophisticated level of data analysis and disaggregation
- And finally suggesting operational strategies, grounded in the new inferences.